ROCK 4 Model SE Starter Kit
- Purchase URL [ https://52pi.com/products/banana-pi-bpi-m1-allwinner-a20-dual-core-1-gb-ddr3-support-wifi-sata-ir-dsi-run-android-4-4-lubuntu-open-suse-debian-raspbian ]
ROCK 4 SE Starter Kit contains heatsinks, adjustable speed fan, acrylic shield and ROCK 4 SE development board.
This is the documentation for ROCK Pi 4, written by Radxa Team with community contributions.
ROCK Pi 4 is a Rockchip RK3399 based SBC(Single Board Computer) by Radxa. It can run android or some Linux distributions. ROCK Pi 4 features a six core ARM processor, 64bit dual channel 3200Mb/s LPDDR4, up to 4K@60 HDMI, MIPI DSI, MIPI CSI, 3.5mm jack with mic, 802.11 ac WIFI, BT 5.0, USB Port, GbE LAN, 40-pin color expansion header, RTC. Also, ROCK Pi 4 supports USB PD and QC powering.
ROCK Pi 4 comes in two models, Model A and Model B, each model has 1GB, 2GB or 4GB ram options. for detailed difference of Model A and Model B, please check Specifications.
|Model||ROCK 4 SE|
|Processor||64bits hexa core processor Rockchip RK3399-T Dual Cortex-72, frequency 1.5GHz with qual Cortex-A53, frequency 1.0GHz Mali T860MP4 gpu, support OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1/3.2, Vulkan 1.0, Open CL 1.1 1.2, DX11.|
|Memory||LPDDR4 64bit dual channel LPDDR4@3200Mb/s, 1GB/2GB/4GB optioal|
|Storage||eMMC connector, μSD card (μSD slot supports up to 256 GB μSD card), M.2 SSD (M.2 connector supports up to 2T M2 NVME SSD)|
|Display||Standard HDMI 2.0 up to 4k@60 MIPI DSI 2 lanes via FPC connector HDMI and MIPI DSI can work at the same time, support mirror mode or extend mode.|
|Audio||3.5mm jack with mic HD codec that supports up to 24-bit/96KHz audio.|
|Camera||MIPI CSI 2 lanes via FPC connector, support up to 800 MP camera(1mm pitch connector).|
|Wireless||802.11 ac wifi BT 5.0 with on board antenna|
|USB||GbE LAN with Power over Ethernet (PoE) support additional HAT is required for powering from PoE|
|IO||40-pin expansion header, 2 x UART ,2 x SPI bus, 3 x I2C bus, 1 x PCM/I2S, 1 x SPDIF, 2 x PWM, 1 x ADC, 6 x GPIO, 2 x 5V DC power in, 2 x 3.3V DC power in|
|Others||RTC RTC battery connector for time backup(optional)|
|Power||USB PD, support USB Type C PD 2.0, 9V/2A, 12V/2A. Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM: Supports QC 3.0/2.0 adapter, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A|
|Size||85mm x 54mm|
- Product Outlook
- Port definitions
- GPIO definitions
- Adjustable speed fan detials
How to assemble
- Installation Steps
- Wiring Fan detials
NOTE: Please pay attention to the polarity. more detials about gpio please refer to: https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/gpio
- Heat dissipation effect
How to control fan speed via PWM signal
- Install Libmraa: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/dev/libmraa ]]
- modiy /boot/hw_intfc.conf,if use spi1,must disable uart4,if use spi2,disable i2c6.follow:
# Hardware Interface Config # For more details, check https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/hardware/devtree_overlays. # Set "on" to enable the optional hardware interfaces while set "off" to disablee intfc:pwm0=on intfc:pwm1=on intfc:uart2=off intfc:uart4=off intfc:spi1=off intfc:spi2=off intfc:i2c2=off intfc:i2c6=off intfc:i2c7=off
Use c program in /usr/local/share/mraa/examples/c/pwm.c to test: Modify the macro PWM in /usr/local/share/mraa/examples/c/pwm.c as follows to test PWM0. To test PWM1, change #define PWM 11 to #define PWM 13.
/* PWM declaration */
- define PWM 11
save and compile pwm.c
root@rockpi-4b:/usr/local/share/mraa/examples/c# gcc -o pwm pwm.c -lmraa
run the program:
Then the fan will change speed and spinning, you can modify /usr/local/share/mraa/examples/c/pwm.c to meet actual usage requirements.
- 1 x ROCK 4 SE Starter Kit
- Getting Start: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/getting_started ]]
- Flashing Tool: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rockpi4/downloads ]]
- Troubleshooting: Post your issue on the forum: [[ https://forum.radxa.com/c/rockpi4/Troubleshooting ]]
- Installation: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/install ]]
- Hardware: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/hardware ]]
- Development Guide: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/dev ]]
- Downloads: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/downloads ]]
- FAQs: [[ https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock4/FAQs ]]
- ROCK 4 Model SE, ROCK 4, ROCK Pi 4, Starter kit.