CM4 Router Board
CM4 Router Board is an expansion board based on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. It brings Raspberry Pi CM4 two full-speed gigabit network ports and offers better performance, lower CPU usage, and higher stability for a long time work compared with a USB network card.
The board still retains the characteristic GPIO pin header of Raspberry Pi, which makes it applicable for connecting other hat board such as Pi hats, sensors, and PoE hat board, and cooling fan, etc.
There is also a USB2.0 interface that can be connected to USB flash driver, USB keyboard, printers, WIFI modules,etc.
Besides, there is an OLED(0.91 inch) screen will help you to customize your Router Board's information display style.
It provides OpenWRT open-source router system. After a simple setup, it can be used as a router. It is also compatible with Raspberry OS, Ubuntu Server and other Raspberry Pi systems, even you can make this router board a retrogame machine at home.
The standard HDMI interface can help you configure the device and display operating information conveniently.
The powerful performance of BCM2711 4 core 1.5GHz Cortex-A72 and the rich software support in the Raspberry Pi community make this board a solid foundation for building high-performance gateways, smart routers, and home IoT platforms. It can also be connected to peripherals and used as a mini-NAS, wireless network bridge, or mini server which can be controlled via terminal.
If you need multiple LAN network ports like common routers, it is recommended to use a gigabit switch to expand the network ports, which will not affect its Internet performance.
For router usage scenarios, CM4001000 module is recommended.
- Compatible Module: Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 series
- Ethernet: JXD 2111x G2406s chip supported.
- Port0: Compute Module 4 Built-In
- Port1: PCI Express 1000BASE-T NIC
- 1x USB-C: Power only
- 1x USB-C: USB 2.0 High Speed
- Storage Card: microSD slot (Only modules without eMMC supported)
- GPIO: 40Pin GPIO compatible with Raspberry Pi
- Power Supply: USB-C 5V/3A
- Operating Temperature: 0℃~80℃
- Dimension: 14.6cm x 7.9cm
- Product Outlook
- Product Details
- Product Dimentions
- 1 x CM4 Router Board
- 1 x Acrylic Case for CM4 Router Board Kit
How to use
- Any model of Compute Module 4 x 1
- 5V@3A USB-C power supply x1
- USB-C cable
- MicroSD card x 1 (If you use the eMMC model, you don't need a microSD card, but you need to prepare a USB-C cable for editing and burning eMMC)
- Cat-6 Ethernet Cable x2
The CM4 router is compatible with most systems that support Raspberry Pi 4, but most Linux distributions do not optimize the network device scenarios. So OpenWRT is recommended.
- 52Pi Version: Based on the latest development version of OpenWRT, which already includes the web interface and language pack, it is recommended to get started.[ ]
- OpenWRT official snapshot version
The official snapshot is the smallest system, using serial terminal control, you need to manually install the Web console, driver, etc. it is recommended for experienced users.
SD Card Installation
Suitable for Compute Module 4 Lite without eMMC version. 1. Requirements
- Card Reader
- 7-Zip Compressed File Manager
- OS image file
Flash the image file to MicroSD card by using etcher imaging tool.
Suitable for Compute Module 4 with eMMC version.