- 1 UPS Plus
- 2 Descriptions
- 3 Features
- 4 Gallery
- 5 How To Assemble
- 6 How To Use
- 6.1 Automatic Shutdown Protection
- 6.2 How To Update UPS Firmware via OTA
- 6.3 Method 1
- 6.4 Method 2
- 6.5 How To Enable Auto-Shutdown Protection Function
- 6.6 How To Collect Data
- 6.7 How To Setup RTC
- 6.8 How To Estimate Battery Power
- 6.9 How To Adjust The Sampling Period
- 6.10 How To Monitor Battery Temperature
- 6.11 How To Enable UPS function
- 6.12 How To Configure Programmable Shutdown/Force Restart
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Keywords
UPS Plus is a new generation of UPS power management module.
- Easy to install
- Enhanced power management
- Remote OTA firmware upgrade
- Programmable BACK-TO-AC auto power up
- Programmable sample period
- I2C communication
- Standalone RTC
- Support stacked battery design
- Current/voltage monitoring of Raspberry Pi power supply port.
- Battery terminal current/voltage monitoring, supports two-way monitoring of charge and discharge.
- Independent RTC function.
- OTA function (supports forced upgrade mode and active upgrade mode).
- Power estimation
Note: At least one full charge and discharge cycle must be completed!)
- Adjustable sampling period.
- Support FCP, AFC, SFCP fast charge protocol.
- Support BC1.2 charging protocol.
- Battery temperature monitoring
Note: the forced temperature protection cannot be turned off, threshold: 65 degrees!
- Programmable Power Voltage Detector(PVD) function, Default value: 3.6V
- Incoming call self-start function.
- Power down memory function.
- Programmable shutdown / forced restart.
- Running time statistics
- Electrostatic protection.
- Linear compensation range discharge capacity: 5V 4.5A.
- Non-linear compensation range discharge capacity: 5V 8A.
- Charging capacity 4.5V 5A/5V 2.5A/9V 2A/12V 1.5A.
- Stacked battery design
NOTE: Stacked power board need to be special accessories.Can not support None official accessories.
- Use I2C communication without occupying additional ports.
- Support 4.2V 4.35V 4.4V 4.5V lithium battery
Note: Different types of batteries cannot be mixed!
- After-sales data telemetry.
USB Plus V5.0 Register Mapping Chart
- 0x17 - Operation Mode
|0x01 - 0x02||Voltage of UPS's MCU||2400 - 3600||mV|
|0x03 - 0x04||Voltage of Pogopin's Bottom||0 - 5500||mV|
|0x05 - 0x06||Voltage of Batteries' Terminal||0 - 4500||mV|
|0x07 - 0x08||Voltage of USB-C Charging Port||0 - 13500||mV|
|0x09 - 0x0A||Voltage of MicroUSB Charging Port||0 - 13500||mV|
|0x0B - 0x0C||Batteries Temperature||-20 - 65||℃|
|0x0D - 0x0E||Full Voltage||0 - 4500||mV|
|0x0F - 0x10||Empty Voltage||0 - 4500||mV|
|0x11 - 0x12||Protection Voltage||0 - 4500||mV|
|0x13 - 0x14||Battery Remaining||0 - 100||%|
|0x15 - 0x16||Sample Period||1 - 1440||Min|
|0x17||Power Status/Operation Mode||0/1||Bool|
|0x18||Shutdown Countdown||0/1 - 255||Bool/Sec|
|0x19||Back-To-AC Auto Power up||0/1||Bool|
|0x1A||Restart Countdown||0/1 - 255||Bool/Sec|
|0x1B||Reset to Factory Defaults||0/1||Bool|
|0x1C - 0x1F||Cumulative Running Time||0 - 2147483647||Sec|
|0x20 - 0x23||Accumulated Charging Time||0 - 2147483647||Sec|
|0x24 - 0x27||Running Time||0 - 2147483647||Sec|
|0x28 - 0x29||Version||1||Fixed|
|0x2A - 0xEF||[Reserved]||NA||NA|
|0xF0 - 0xFB||Serial Number||Device UID||Fixed|
|0xFC - 0xFF||Factory Testing||NA||NA|
- 0x18 - OTA Firmware Upgrade Mode
|0x01 - 0x10||Encrypted buffer|
|0x11 - 0xEF||[Reserved]|
|0xF0 - 0xFB||Serial Number|
|0xFC - 0xFF||Factory Test|
Function Area Display
LED light status definition
- Discharge Status
|C >= 75%||ON||ON||ON||ON|
|50% <= C <75%||ON||ON||ON||OFF|
|25% <= C <50%||ON||ON||OFF||OFF|
|3% <= C < 25%||ON||OFF||OFF||OFF|
|0% <= C < 3%||1.5Hz Blink||OFF||OFF||OFF|
- Charging Status
|75% <= C||ON||ON||ON||1.5Hz Blink|
|50% <= C <75%||ON||ON||1.5Hz Blink||OFF|
|25% <= C < 50%||ON||1.5Hz Blink||OFF||OFF|
|C < 25%||1.5Hz Shining||OFF||OFF||OFF|
How To Assemble
How To Use
Automatic Shutdown Protection
- Download the latest Raspbian OS image from: [ https://www.raspberrypi.org/software/operating-systems/ ]
- Unzip it and flash it to MicroSD card(TF card) with Etcher imaging tool. [ https://www.balena.io/etcher/ ]
- Follow the installation method to assemble the Raspberry Pi and UPS Plus.
- After booting up and make sure Raspberry Pi can access internet.
- Open a terminal by press "Ctrl+ALT+T" or just click terminal icon on the task bar.
curl -Lso- https://git.io/JLygb
curl -Lso- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geeekpi/upsplus/main/install.sh | bash
- When encountering low battery, it will automatically shut down and turn off the UPS and it will restart when AC power comes.
How To Update UPS Firmware via OTA
- Enter the OTA firmware upgrade mode:
NOTE: Do not power off or disconnect the network during the upgrade process. If the upgrade fails, the UPS Pro will not work normally.
- Power off the Raspberry Pi.
- Cut off the external charging power (MicroUSB and USB-C)
- Take out all the batteries.
- Press and hold the UPS Pro switch key and insert the battery into the battery compartment.
At this time, the device will be forced to enter OTA mode.
The function of the switch button will no longer be available at this time.
The Raspberry Pi will be running and please execute the following python script in the system terminal to complete the upgrade.
- Download python scripts from github:
cd ~ git clone https://github.com/geeekpi/upsplus.git cd ~/upsplus python3 OTA_firmware_upgrade.py
The first time it runs, it may prompt that the device is not registered.If it is a legal device, just wait a few seconds and try again.
- UPS Pro Will be turned off after upgrading, Please unplug the power supply, remove the batteries from UPS Pro.
- Insert the batteries back to UPS Pro and then connect power supply and turn it on by press power switch.
- Open a terminal and typing:
i2cset -y 1 0x17 50 127 b
- Shutdown Raspberry Pi and remove all batteries and power supply.
- Insert batteries back into the battery slot.
- Execute OTA.py python script.
How To Enable Auto-Shutdown Protection Function
How To Collect Data
- Data Collection
Data collection will only collect information on abnormal voltage changes and battery charging and discharging status during equipment operation through UPS in order to provide better after-sales service, and will not collect your private information.
Please rest assured that every UPS we sell will Have a unique serial number so that we can provide battery quality analysis and feedback.
It submits your UPS Pro operating status information to the server provided by us through a python script.
- Download Repository and execute:
cd ~ curl -Lso- https://git.io/JLygb
How To Setup RTC
How To Estimate Battery Power
How To Adjust The Sampling Period
How To Monitor Battery Temperature
How To Enable UPS function
How To Configure Programmable Shutdown/Force Restart
- Q: Why does the battery light go off sometime and lights up in a while?
- A: This is because the power chip performs battery re-sampling, and the purpose is that the data of inferior batteries is inaccurate during the sampling process.
- Q: Why is the power cut off every once in a while?
- A: Please check the battery charging current, the data discharge direction or the charging direction. If the load is too large, the charging may not be enough, which will cause this problem.
- Q: What kind of wall charger should I use?
- A: If the load is normal, it is recommended to use an ordinary 5V@2A charging head. If you need to carry a slightly higher load, it is recommended to use a fast charging source. We support FCP, AFC, SFCP protocols Fast charging source.
- Q: Can I directly input 9V and 12V to the USB port?
- A: No, if you must do this, you must remove the DP, DM and other related detection pins, and ensure that the power supply is stable.
- Q: I heard howling, why is this?
- A: Because of the no-load protection mechanism, the howling will disappear after the load is installed.
- UPS Plus, GeeekPi UPS V5, UPS for Raspberry Pi