X856 SKU: EZ-0087
The X856 mSATA SSD Shield expansion board provides a complete storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. Only mSATA interface SDD hard disk is suitable for X856 mSATA SSD extension board. Support up to 2TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD) With this module, user can build a mobile hard disk with a mSATA SSD for Raspberry Pi 4 Model B. User can make it a portable NAS storage system. Raspberry Pi 4B and mSATA SSD are not contained in this product.
NOTE: It is NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B series.
- Ideal storage solution for Raspberry Pi 4 - mSATA SSD Shield
- Supports up to 1TB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD)
- Integrated USB 3.1 Gen1 to SATA 6Gb/s bridge controller
- USB3.1 Gen1 5Gb/s connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your Raspberry Pi 4
- Allows booting OS from your HDD/SSD for faster app opens, web serving and file copying (see notes)
- LED red indicator indicates powered status and blue indicator indicates drive status
- USB bus-powered
- Specially-made USB3.1 jumper to connect with Raspberry Pi - no additional cables needed
- Mounting holes and standoffs provide mechanical stability of the Raspberry Pi and X825 assembly
- Fully compatible with X735 for intelligent power management and cooling your Raspberry Pi
- Fully compatible with X710 for wide input voltage (6~36V) and intelligent power management
- Fully compatible with X765 for powering over Ethernet (POE, 5V 5A)
- Fully compatible with X725 for uninterruptible power supply (18650 UPS, 5.1V 8A, WOL)
- Power supply:
- 5Vdc +/-5% , Powered via Pi's USB port or XH2.54 connector
- 5Vdc via micro-USB socket, Extra power for SSD
- Ports & Connectors:
- USB socket - USB 3.0 type A x1
- 52P Mini PCI-E mSATA slot x1
- PCB Size 85mm x 56mm
- A microSD card is required for forcing the Raspbian OS to use the HDD/SSD for its "root" partition
Do not power your Raspberry Pi via the Pi's 40-pin header and type-C socket at the same time.
- 1 x X856 mSATA SSD shield
- 1 x USB3.1 jumper
- 6 x Screw M2.5 *6mm
- 4 x Spacer M/F M2.5 *12mm
- 4 x Spacer F/F M2.5 *8mm
- X856, hard disk extension board, X856 mSATA SSD Shield , Raspberry Pi 4B
- Q: Dose it compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+ ?
A: No, It is just for Raspberry Pi 4B and it is X855's upgrade version.