8MM Camera module for Raspberr Pi
This is an 8mm focal length camera capable of combining infrared modules, driving the chip for OV5647 (5MP), compatible with Raspberry Pi 4B/3B/3B/2B, Jetson Nano and BananaPi.
It can be used with Infrared IR LED Board.
It is also compatible with 4mm focal length lenses and 6mm focal length lenses.
Note: The mainboard and LED board are not included.
- Easy to assemble
- OV5647 5MP chip
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi/JetsonNano/BananaPi
- Weight: 55g
- Size: 4.3 x 3.5 x 3.2cm
- Chip: OV5647(5MP)
- 1x 8mm focal length camera
- 1x FFC Cable(15cm length)
How to Assemble
- Connecting the camera
The flex cable inserts into the connector situated between the Ethernet and HDMI ports, with the silver connectors facing the HDMI port.
The flex cable connector should be opened by pulling the tabs on the top of the connector upwards then towards the Ethernet port.
The flex cable should be inserted firmly into the connector, with care taken not to bend the flex at too acute an angle.
The top part of the connector should then be pushed towards the HDMI connector and down, while the flex cable is held in place.
How to use camera
Enabling the camera
Open the raspi-config tool from the Terminal:
Select Enable camera and hit Enter, then go to Finish and you'll be prompted to reboot.
- Using the camera
Applications and libraries for using the camera are available in:
- Linux command line - Using the supplied command line applications (e.g. raspistill)
raspistill, raspivid and raspiyuv are command line tools for using the camera module.
See guides for basic usage of each of the commands:
- raspistill: Capturing still photographs with the camera module
- raspivid: Capturing video with the camera module
- Time-lapse: Taking pictures at regular intervals and stitching them together in to a video
- raspiyuv: Capturing still photographs and generating raw unprocessed image files
- See the Getting started with picamera resource: [ https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/getting-started-with-picamera ]
- 8mm focal length,Camera module,Raspberr Pi 4B, Raspberry Pi 3B+, OV5647(5MP)