DockerPi PowerBoard is used to power the Raspberry Pi (or similar SBC) with a typical power of up to 20W (5V/4A) and can run up to 25W (5V/5A) with good heat dissipation.
DockerPi PowerBoard also provides power to other DockerPi modules to protect the security of the power supply. It also provides a safe shutdown function, supports IR remote control switch, button control switch (Requires Driver,One-Step Automated Install).
DockerPi PowerBoard has fan cooling, and we recommend that you install the DockerPi PowerBoard on the bottom of the other DockerPi.
DockerPi PowerBoard recommends 12V 2A or above power input and 12V power from 4-pin headers to other DockerPi. (If other modules require 12V power)
Note: DockerPi PowerBoard does not support hot plug.
- DockerPi Series
- 12V DC Input
- Typical output:20W(5V/4A)
- Absolute output:25W(5V/5A)
- 3CM Quiet Fan
- Remote Control Safe Power(Require Driver)
- Button Control Safe Power(Require Driver)
- Recommended to be stacked at the bottom
- Can Stack with other Stack board
- Independent of the mainboard hardware (but Safe Power must develop by yourself)
Official Compatibility Test
Not only support the following development boards, other development boards can be compatible if they have I2C peripherals. (Note: some software changes may be required)
|Raspberry Pi All Platform||√||Not Include CM Series & EOL Platform|
|Banana Pi M3||√||Python 3 & Modify DEVICE_BUS to 2|
|Orange Pi Zero||√||Python 3 & Modify DEVICE_BUS to 0|
- 1x Docker Pi PowerBoard
- 1x Remote controller
- 1x Instructions
- 4x M2.5*12 + 6 Copper stick
- 4x M2.5*6 Nut
- 4x M2.5*6 Half-round head screw
Power Board Details
- The module does not occupy any GPIO pins, but provides power to the 5V and GND of the Raspberry Pi through the 5V and GND pins of the power board.
How to assemble
One-Step Automated Install(Raspberry Pi)
- Due to short link is not available, please use github to install driver.
wget -qO- https://git.io/fj3b9 | sudo bash
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/geeekpi/dockerpi/master/powerboard/install.sh | sudo bash
Reboot your Raspberry Pi and finish installation.
NOTE:The LED status is incorrect until the drive is installed successfully!
- Please refer to github URL: [ https://github.com/geeekpi/dockerpi ]
- Q: Why i have bought the DockerPi PowerBoard,i still need to buy the power supply?
A: Powboard's function is to allow you to use an external DC power supply greater than 5V and less than 16V, which not only ensures that the raspberry pie uses electricity normally, but also ensures that when the raspberry pie uses high-power additional equipment, the system will not be unstable due to feeding.In addition, POWERBOARD is a dockerpi series product, which provides effective power support for DockerPi follow-up products. When POWERBOARD is used for power supply, raspberry pie does not need to be connected to 5V power supply.
- Q: Can I stack multiple power expansion boards?
- Q: What are the conditions for 5V 5A?
A: 12V 3A Input and Good Cooling environment.
- Q: Can I power other development boards without installing a driver?
A: Yes,but button and IR function will be disable.
- Q: What type of power supply is supported?
A: 12V power adaptor which is negative outside and positive inside. positive polarity:
- Q: Does the 12V power supply need to be purchased separately?
A: If you don't have a 12V power supply yourself, you need to buy it.
- Q: Can 12V direct removal also ensure a safe shutdown?
- Q: If my power supply board doesn't work,how could i deal with that?
A: Firstly,please replug the fan.May your button is broken. You need to pay attention to the following points： 1.Do not independently power the Raspberry Pi while powering the power board 2.Input voltage is lower than 17V and higher than 9V 3.Inserted positive and negative inconsistent power supply,it may damage the power board.
- Q: If I put this on the Pi 4 it does not power up. The blue LED on the dockerpi board flashes once very quickly then goes off again. The fan does not start. On raspberry pi 3 it worked fine.
A: DockerPi PowerBoard recommends 12V 2A or above power input and 12V power from 4-pin headers to other DockerPi. (If other modules require 12V power). Please change another power supply and try again.
- Q: Will the power board stop working after the Raspberry Pi is turned off?
A: Yes,but you need install the driver.
- Q: Could i control the speed of fan?
- Q: Can I use car battery power directly to board without step down?
A: Yes, we suggest that you make sure the car batteries can offer 12V /3A for Raspberry Pi and external deivces,and the input voltage is lower than 17V.